DOL ETA Technical Assistance Training Grant
Scope of Work
On June 1, 2010, the Employment and Training Administration (ETA) of the Department of Labor (DOL) and the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) entered into a Cooperative Agreement (Agreement) under which TWC will work in partnership with the ETA Office of Regional Management (ORM) and its six regional offices to address technical assistance needs and provide capacity building opportunities specific to each Region.
Under this partnership, TWC will:
- carry out required activities within the scope of the Agreement
- provide access to and coordination of required resources
- manage the execution of Technical Assistance Project Plans (TAPP)
Region Responsibilities / TWC Requirements
- Purchase Requests must be submitted 60 days in advance of each scheduled event. Please refer to Lead Time Requirements for Purchase Requests and Budget Items for additional lead time information. Late receipt of purchase requests may result in a failure to secure requested items.
- Some budget items require longer lead times. Please refer to Lead Time Requirements for Purchase Requests and Budget Items for a list of these items and required lead times.
- Required forms must be fully completed. Incomplete forms may delay the issuance of purchase orders.
Purchase Requests and Receiving Documents
- Purchase Request / Receiving Document signatures must match the signature on the TAPP.
- Invoices submitted locally must be e-mailed, with corresponding receiving documents, to TAPP Contract Management within 48 hours.
- Once items or services are received, Purchase Request / Receiving Documentation must be submitted to TAPP Contract Management within 48 hours.
- Provide contact information for procured services. TWC cannot pay staff salaries.
- Speakers must include all anticipated travel costs in the speaker fee.
- Participants who qualify for travel cost reimbursement must be reimbursed according to their employer's travel policies and procedures.
- Regions must notify TWC of all participants approved for travel reimbursement; such notification will be used to approve invoices for payment.
Food and Beverage Service
- Food is not an approved expenditure unless the agency has been granted an exception; a copy of the agency's approval must be submitted with the purchase request.
|Lead Time Requirements for Purchase Requests and Budget Items||Required Lead Time|
|Purchase Requests, in general||60 Days|
|Purchase Requests for Curricula and Materials Development||4 Months|
|Purchase Requests for Large Conference Hotel / Conference Space Rental||90 Days|
|Purchase Requests for Hotel / Conference Space Rental||60 Days|
|Purchase Requests for Special Office Supplies||45 Days|
|Purchase Requests for Final Audio-Visual requirements for purchase requests already fully vetted and approved||10 Days|