Rehabilitation Council of Texas
The Rehabilitation Council of Texas (RCT), partnering with the Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services, advocates for Texans with disabilities in the vocational rehabilitation process.
The Rehabilitation Council of Texas believes:
- In the worth and dignity of each individual.
- The right to choice is realized by access to full information.
- Work opportunities open doors to individual independence and participation in community life.
- Person-centered goals, service plans, and delivery systems lead to individual success.
- Shared roles and responsibilities improve satisfaction with the rehabilitation process and outcomes.
- Collaboration and partnerships with federal, state, and private agencies are critical for system improvement.