As of 10/1/2017, this manual has been retired. For current policies, procedures, and standards for the Texas Workforce Commission Vocational Rehabilitation Division, please refer to the following manuals:
- VR Standards for Providers (VR-SFP)
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services Manual (VRSM) - link coming soon; copies available to staff through the TWC intranet and to others on request
In this manual, references to DARS now refer to TWC. The manual includes both links to public content and links to content available only to staff.
Other Goods and Services are those goods and services identified by the counselor and/or consumer which
- can reasonably be expected to benefit the consumer in terms of an employment outcome, and
- are not described elsewhere in this section.
The following are examples of other goods and services:
- payment of rent on the premises to be used for a business in which a consumer
will be established,
- payment of dues for union membership, and
- modification of buildings to remove architectural barriers.