|[Tax Systems Manual] [1.0 Primary Purpose] [ 2.0 ADP & Audit Unit ] [3.0 Refunds and Compliance] [ Ch 4 - Employer Accounting and Review Unit ]|
|[ 2.0 ADP & Audit Unit Functions ] [2.1 Daily Tax Runs Processing ] [ 2.2 Daily Tax Run Preparation Processing ] [ 2.3 Monetary Batch Processing Procedures ] [2.4 Non-Monetary Batch Processing Procedures] [2.5 Supplemental Reports] [2.6 Journal Entry (Total) Transfer] [2.7 Journal Entry (Partial) Transfer] [2.8 Journal Entry (Partial/Total) Error List Review] [2.9 Aged Unallocated Remittance Report] [2.10 Service Agent Processing] [2.11 Magnetic Media Lists] [2.12 Credit Transfers] [2.13 Status Error List - Overview]|
Chapter 2: ADP & Audit Unit
2.3 Monetary Batch Processing Procedures
All reports and edits for a batch are retrieved from the unit table.
Review and balance the batch using the Browse Batch Problems screen (TBPP)
- Enter "TBPP" on command line and hit the enter key.
- Enter Run Date and Batch No. from the DP Data Entry Listing .
Batch No. entered should be one number less than desired Batch No.
For example, enter 400425, if Batch No. is 400426.
- Enter "C" next to error batch number and hit enter.
- Review "Resolve Batch Problems" screen and review the Form C-3 on the imaging system to determine the error.
Form C-3 is located in batch by DLN listed on DP Data Entry Listing.
- Correction Options on "Resolve Batch Problems" screen are:
- Enter "A" to Leave Amounts as is.
- Enter "B" to Adjust Taxable to "indicated amount".
- Enter "C" to Adjust Total and/or Taxable to some other amount.
- Status Codes in TBPP Screen
- Code "B" signifies batch is in balance.
- Code "C" signifies batch totals do not balance.
- Code "N" signifies all documents may not have been keyed or keyed incorrectly.
- When Status column on the TBPP screen shows out of balance, "C" or "N", you must go to the Browse Deposit List and DP List Totals screen (TBRB).
- Key PF5 to go to the TBRB Screen.
- Key "S" under A-for Action for Account Numbers involved in Discrepancy.
- The left side of this screen shows DP Entries and the right side of screen shows Controller Entries.
- PF3 takes you back to the Batch Totals.
- Clear Batch by keying "Y" next to the clear batch space.
- Key PF5 to go back to TBPP-Browse Batch Problems.
Clearing Batch Errors from TBPP (Batch Error Detail) screen
- Prior quarters in current quarter batches
- Delete partial C-3 current quarter if taxable wages are the same as prior report using the DELETE/REINSTATE QUARTERLY REPORT screen (ADR).
- Place comments on the FTC or CDC screen.
- Place Stop 003 "Accounting Problem" on the account.
- Reverse payment in the CASH JOURNAL screen (QRM) by using the REVERSE ALLOCATION OF REMITTANCE screen (ARV).
- Change the remittance to the prior quarter by using the CORRECT REMITTANCE DOCUMENT TYPE AND QYY/IDD screen (QDT)
- Change postmark date of the report and remittance if applicable. Reports will post with an on-time date. (Use the CHANGE QUARTERLY REPORT DATES screen (ADC) or the CORRECT REMITTANCE POSTMARK DATE screen (QPM) as needed.)
- Remove Stop.
- Quarter keyed in Controller Correctly But Scanned Incorrectly
- Delete wrong quarter scanned. If wages list items need to be deleted, use the WRCE screen.
- Place comments on FTC or CDC screen.
- Print a copy of the report from the imaging system.
- Send report back to Controller to remove the partial C-3 current quarter. (Quarters or Account numbers scanned invalid will need to be marked out and re-written along with DLN numbers).
- Account number keyed wrong in Controller but scanned correctly
- Delete partial C-3 using the DELETE/REINSTATE QUARTERLY REPORT screen (ADR).
- Transfer remittance to correct account using the TRANSFER MONEY TO ANOTHER ENTITY screen (ATC).
- Place comments on the FTC or CDC screen.
- Notate correction on the Deposit List.
- C-3s pulled from a Batch and cleared in another batch
- Check for C-3 by batch number in imaging system.
- If document is not located, make a note on the FTC or CDC screen "Not in Batch".
- At times, Controller will make corrections to payments, pull C-3 and re-batch. Pulled account number will appear on Batch Route Sheet. Adjust totals to balance.
- Account Number is scanned wrong but Controller keyed it correctly
- If an invalid account number, quarter or postmark date has been scanned incorrectly, print copy of quarterly report from imaging system and mark out incorrect data and write correct data before sending to Controller. Below are the error codes that are listed on the Quarterly Report Error Listing .
- Fatal Error Codes
01 Account number invalid
02 Quarter invalid
36 Postmark invalid
- Other error codes requiring action are05 Line 13 blank
08 Line 14 blank or 0- (an 89-mismatch stop will appear) Staple copy of cover sheet to the transaction list. Take action on "TBPP" and all "89" Stops disappear automatically. An Accounts Examiner manually releases all other "89" stops.
13 Taxable wages greater than Total wages
11 Rate not on file. If report posted before 1st wages or after final wages date, send copy of report printed from imaging system to Status Section. If report is within liability dates, send to Rates Unit.
- C-5 Adjustment reports in batches
- Forward copies of DP listing to Employer Accounting and Review for distribution to account examiners.
- Batches with C-3s and C-5s have C-5s listed at the end of the DP Data Entry Transaction List.
- Make copies of DP listing for C-5s that have Bankruptcy edits and send to Collections Section with FL-204s, etc.
- Staple copy of cover sheet with transaction list.
- Print copies of non-duplicate supplemental reports from the imaging system by account number. Always verify the account number.
- Staple to Supplemental Reports Transaction List and keep in ADP & Audit Unit.
- If a "Mismatch" appears on TBPP and the report in question is a supplemental, release document "A" as is on the "Resolve Batch Problems" screen and place a yellow tag on the copy of C-3 printed from the imaging system to indicate mismatch with M/M written on the tag.
- Partial C-3s posting to Bankrupt Accounts in error
- Adjust to 0- by use of the ADJUST TOTAL AND TAXABLE WAGES screen (AAW). (Do not delete bankrupt accounts.)
- Next day, e-mail Data Processing to remove partial notation from the DETAIL QUARTERLY REPORT screen (ADT) and the TBPP screen.
- Transfer remittance using the TRANSFER MONEY TO ANOTHER ENTITY screen (ATC) if necessary.
- In some cases, Collection action may remove partial C-3 from total wages and show 0- in total wages.
- Adjust reports using the AAW screen to show correct total wage amount, if necessary.
- Use caution with all Bankrupt Accounts. Contact Collections, Bankruptcy Unit before continuing to correct account.
- Journal Entries involving Still Partial C-3s
- Always delete partial C-3 on Day One.
- On Day TWO, journalize (JE) the report. (This removes the partial C-3 and allows the JEd report to appear as an original report instead of as a supplemental report.
- Note: Never adjust amounts with the ADJUST QUARTERLY CHARGES screen (AQC) when report is still in Partial Status. This causes the original to edit out as a supplemental report.
- Print copy of Form C-3 from imaging system to attach to completed pink flags and forward to the unit administrative technician for distribution by account number series.